Tuna Egg Salad Variations
Mayo Want to make this diary-free or like mayo better? You can easily swap the Greek yogurt for mayo.
Avocado Yep, mashed avocado works great in place of the Greek yogurt as well! I use it for avocado egg salad all the time. It saves on calories and fat.
No dill? No worries! Feel free to use a different herb like parsley instead.
A Vegan Variation: Chickpea Salad
Want to make a vegan tuna salad sandwich? Use chickpeas! While it doesnt quite have the flavor of tuna, this Chickpea Salad Sandwich is full of incredible flavor using chickpeas instead of tuna. Its got most of the same players, and youll mash the chickpeas until they integrate into the texture. Its a tasty plant-based version of this standard, and has become a fan-favorite!
Donât Miss: Chicken Salad Chick Easley Sc
What Is Tuna And Egg Salad
Its made with canned tuna, hard-boiled eggs, and the most delicious and tangy sauce to really bring it all together into one dish.
Also Check: Best Way To Cook Lobster Tails On The Grill
If You Enjoyed This Whole30 And Keto Tuna Egg Salad You May Also Like
What Great Grandma Ate / Jean Choi is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.
How To Make Tuna Macaroni Salad Ahead Of Time
The saddest thing about this salad is that the lettuce will get wilty and even soggy if stored for more than a few hours in the fridge.
So, if you want to make it a day or two ahead, do everything in the recipe except for adding the sliced iceberg lettuce. Add the lettuce when itâs time to serve.
Simply Recipes / Mihaela Kozaric Sebrek
Don’t Miss: Used Lobster Tennis Ball Machine
Tuna Fish Salad Recipe With Egg Variations
Here are a few optional ideas if you want to mix up your tuna and egg salad:
- Avocado Adding some mashed avocado to the keto tuna salad makes it even creamier and more flavorful.
- Green Onion I can never get enough green onion, and it goes perfectly with this simple tuna salad recipe.
- Bacon Cook some bacon in the oven and mix into this tuna fish salad recipe with egg for even more protein!
- Cloud Bread Enjoy a helping of the best tuna salad recipe with egg as a sandwich with the help of this yummy cloud bread.
- Bell Pepper Place homemade tuna salad inside a hollowed out bell pepper. Use any color you like, but I prefer red because they are slightly sweeter.
- Lettuce Wraps Serve the simple tuna salad with egg inside a fluffy piece of lettuce. You can use iceberg, romaine, Boston lettuce, or any other kind thats big enough to wrap.
Tuna Egg Salad Recipe
An EASY tuna egg salad recipe! See how to make tuna salad with eggs in just 10 minutes. Plus, tuna and egg salad stores is healthy and perfect to make ahead.
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
Even if you arent a big tuna fan, I hope youll try this tuna salad recipe with egg. Its packed with protein, the dressing is super flavorful, and it takes just a few minutes to whip up. Tuna and egg salad is perfect for a light lunch, dinner or even a snack! And, its naturally low carb and keto friendly, but totally delicious even if you couldnt care less about these diets.
Stick with me, and Ill show you exactly how to make tuna salad with eggs in just 10 minutes. The only hard thing about this tuna fish salad recipe with egg is not eating all of it with a spoon. Its that good!
Recommended Reading: Chicken Of The Sea Albacore Tuna
How To Store Leftovers
To store: Keep this jazzed-up healthy tuna fish salad recipe with egg covered in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Make ahead and portion it out for a weeks worth of lunches!
Do not freeze: Freezing eggs and mayo is not as great an idea as you might hope. The texture changes after its frozen which is no longer appealing!
Tuna Scrambled Egg Recipe
Tuna Scrambled Egg is a breakfast egg recipe that is combine using canned tuna, chopped onion, and olive oil. It is an easy, nutritious, and Keto friendly recipe which is low in carbs.
Breakfast is considered an important meal of the day since it supplies our energy for our work. In my experience, one of the most popular breakfast dishes that is eaten in most countries is scrambled eggs. In the Philippines, we eat it with rice, while in Jordan and other Middle Eastern countries, we serve it with flatbread.
When I was a student, I wanted to minimize my budget by eating a home-cooked meal instead of restaurants. In my kitchen cabinet, I have canned tuna and egg, and I am thinking about what to eat with it. So I decided to upgrade my meal by making a scrambled egg with tuna, which is successful and delicious.
Canned tuna is a popular pantry staple that is a perfect ingredient for your egg dish. Furthermore, it is a budget-friendly and kid-friendly for everyone, which you can also serve during lunch or dinner. In this post, I will be showing you how to make this easy tuna scrambled egg recipe, which I am sure you will love it.
Read Also: What’s The Healthiest Salmon
How To Make Tuna Salad With Eggs
I am so excited to show you how to make tuna salad with eggs its just 3 easy steps!
- Step One: Mix some mayo, mustard, parsley, and paprika, until smooth.
- Step two: Add tuna, diced celery, pickles, and onions. Mix everything together and if you notice any large pieces of tuna, break them up.
- Step three: Fold in diced eggs.
Thats it! It is so effortless especially if you use a chopper for the veggies and eggs and super creamy and satisfying!
Eggs With Tuna Fish Recipe:
1. Put the eggs in a saucepan, add some water and cover the pan with a lid
2. Bring the pan to the boil
3. Simmer for about 8minutes to hard-boil the eggs
4. Drain the eggs and immediately put them in cold water
5. Shell the eggs
6. Drain the oil from the tuna fish and mash them with a fork or a wooden spoon
7. Blend in the lemon juice
8. Chop 2 anchovies and add them to the tuna mixture
9. Rub the mixture through a course sieve into a basin
10. Beat the mixture until it is a soft puree
11. Blend in the mayonnaise and season to taste with black pepper
12. Cut the eggs length-ways in half using a wet knife blade
13. Arrange the halves in pairs, rounded sides upwards, on the lettuce leaves then coat them with the tuna fish mayonnaise
14. Cut the remaining anchovy fillets length-ways in half and arrange them over the eggs
15. Sprinkle with the parsley
Recommended Reading: Best Seafood Restaurant In Miami
Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
- You can have the mixture as a salad too.
- Cut your vegetables finely so that its easy to fill them into bread slices.
- You can swap tuna with egg, ham or chicken if you prefer chicken or ham more.
No matter what you add up to the sandwich, it will turn out delicious. You can add up any of your favourite ingredient to make it taste as per your preference.
Also Check: Broccoli Salad Chicken Salad Chick
Open Faced Tuna Salad Sandwich
Classic Tuna Salad and egg salad come together along with sour cream and potato chips, for the absolute best combination. A little creamy, a little crunchy, and so delicious!
Combine tuna salad, egg salad, and potato chips and enjoy the best of all three worlds! This Tuna Salad recipe is level 10!
You May Like: Sam’s St Johns Seafood
Worlds Best Tuna Melt
Thistuna melt: this is the stuff dreams are made of. Between crusty bread is sandwiched a creamy, gooey mess so perfectly seasoned that you wont be able to stop taking bites. And the filling? Yes, youâve got it: itâs our classic tuna salad. Here well show you how to make a tuna melt that will make youmelt.
Another variation on tuna salad? Pasta salad! Try this Classic Tuna Pasta Salad, a creamy pasta salad perfect for a quick dinner or easy lunch.
How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs On An Electric Stove Top
Itâs a constant debate about how to make the best hard boiled eggs, AND how to peel them easily. Since, I have an electric stovetop, I canât comment on the best way to do hard boiled eggs on a gas stovetop , but if you have an electric one like I do, hereâs the best way Iâve found to give you that perfect texture AND theyâre super easy to peelâ¦
Read Also: Oyster Perpetual Day Date Price
Tuna Egg Salad Ingredients
- canned tuna I use albacore or skipjack tuna packed in water or olive oil. I really like the Wild Planet brand, but any canned tuna works.
- hard boiled eggs learn how to make hard boiled eggs.
- plain Greek yogurt I like using full fat Greek yogurt for this recipe, but can use mayo or mashed avocado instead of the Greek yogurt if youd like!
- red onion this adds flavor and a bit of crunch. Feel free to use yellow onion if red onion feels too strong for your tastes/
- dill pickle theres something about the tang and crunch that pickles add to tuna salad. I love it.
- dill weed adding fresh and dried dill to this salad gives it such great flavor.
- sea salt and black pepper must-haves for a tasty tuna salad.
Tips For Best Results
- Double, triple, or half this recipe. Easily! Then again, leftovers keep well, so I dont think you can ever make too much
- Best served cold, so make sure to chill the tuna and egg salad before you take a bite.
- If your eggs are fresh add a bit of vinegar to the boiling water. Might help with peeling .
- Have fun with your egg slicer if you have one. Much easier than chopping!
Also Check: Fisher Funeral Home Denison Texas Obituaries
How To Peel Eggs For Tuna With Egg Salad
Once the eggs are cool enough to touch, gently tap them to crack the shell.
Either peel the eggshell away from the egg whites with your hands or use a silver spoon. Flip the spoon over so the back of the spoon meets the inside of the eggshell. Carefully run the spoon along the inside of the shell loosening it from the firm egg white.
It should peel away in big chunks, then chop the egg into smaller pieces, the same way you would a classic egg salad.
Did you know? The older the eggs, the easier they are to peel. So if youre having some difficulty, dont worry about it. It probably means either your eggs are fresh which is fine because theyre doing to be chopped up anyway!
Easy Tuna Salad With Egg
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This Tuna Salad with Egg is simple to make and tastes great. Its a high protein spin on the classic tuna salad recipe, and its so easy to make using ingredients from your pantry and fridge.
Use it to make it into a tuna salad sandwich or dip veggies and crackers into it. Theres basically no wrong way to use this easy recipe!
Also Check: Shrimp Taco Recipe With Coleslaw
How To Unlock More Cooking Recipes
You can unlock more Cooking Recipes in three ways:
All Recipes are listed as “Meals” under the Collection menu, but the Ingredients are secret until you discover the correct combination. If you mix together random ingredients and stumble upon a Recipe, it will be added to this list.
Best Disney Dreamlight Valley Food To Cook
The best Disney Dreamlight Valley Food to Cook is Smoked Peanuts and Anglerfish — it restores a whopping 3,960 Energy and sells for 2,200 Star Coins. It also has room for 3 more Ingredients, allowing you to drive the sale price and Energy restoration up even higher.
That said, it’s not easy to catch an Anglerfish and you likely won’t have a steady supply you’ll also need to complete Quests for Remy in order to unlock access to Peanuts. I instead recommend an alternative: Berry Salad.
The combination of Blueberry, Raspberry, Gooseberry, Gooseberry, and Gooseberry makes a fine Berry Salad – By mid-to-late game, you’ll have access to all three Berry Bushes. This version of Berry Salad restores 3,410 Energy and sells for 329 Star Coins. You won’t get rich off of it, but it will be able to restore most of your Energy Bar . Berries grow quickly enough that you’ll soon find yourself tripping over them.
As an alternative, I recommend 5 Cocoa Bean Candy. This only provides 2,570 Energy and sells for 197 Star Coins, but you can get access to Cocoa Beans much earlier in the game than Gooseberries.
Also Check: Is Tuna Fish Good For Diabetics
Ingredients In Tuna Egg Salad
Tuna It doesnt matter if tuna is packed in oil or water since it will be drained. Flake the tuna with a fork before mixing it into the salad.
Eggs Youll need chilled hardboiled eggs in this recipe. I usually keep small bowl in the refrigerator for quick meals. Try either air fryer boiled eggs, foolproof hard-boiled eggs or make easy Instant Pot eggs.
Dressing Mayonnaise, mustard, and relish add great flavor to the mixture. Greek yogurt may be switched out for the mayonnaise for a tangier salad with fewer calories.
Extras Add your favorite macaroni pasta or chopped veggies to bulk up this recipe and make it into an easy summer side or main dish! We like elbow macaroni or shell shapes that the creamy dressing can cling to. If adding pasta, you might like to double up on the dressing.
How Long Does This Tuna Fish Salad Recipe With Egg Last
This tuna fish salad recipe with egg will last around 3 to 7 days in the fridge. So, it makes a perfect dish is you are looking for something light and refreshing for a backyard barbecue, baby shower, or bridal shower.
TIP: Never leave tuna salad with hard boiled eggs out for longer than two hours at room temperature. Since it contains mayo and eggs, it can sit out for some time but not all day.
You May Like: Hill’s Science Diet Salmon