Whats The Best Way To Reheat Salmon
Answer: Guess what? The answer is *drum roll please* the air fryer!
Just lightly oil your air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 350°. Give it a few minutes to get good and hot, and place your cooked salmon on it. Air fry it for 3-5 minutes, or until warmed through. Voila! Perfectly awesome reheated salmon thats still as moist as when you cooked it the first time!
How To Air Fry Frozen Salmon Filet
Prepare your air fryer. For this method, I not only preheat my air fryer to 400F, but I also lightly grease the air fryer basket with avocado oil. This helps keep the salmon from sticking as it thaws and then cooks.
Air fry the salmon filet. Place frozen salmon filets at the bottom of the air fryer basket and set the timer for 15 minutes. Halfway through, take a spatula and get under the salmon to release it and flip over.
Season the salmon. After its flipped, brush with a small amount of avocado oil, then add salt and pepper. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes more or until salmon is completely cooked through.
Remove and serve. Remove the cooked salmon using tongs or a spatula. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and serve hot with your favorite side dish.
What Else Can I Use
- If you dont have an air fryer, you can broil your salmon to your likeness. It wont be as crispy on the outside, but itll still be delicious.
- You can use grainy mustard instead of dijon.
- If you dont like mustard, use a teaspoon of mayo to bind the seasonings to the fish.
- The biggest factor for great fish is not overcooking it: check it on the low end of the timeframe and put it back in for a minute or two if you want it more well done. The thickness of salmon varies greatly, so use your judgement.
- No garlic powder? Use onion powder.
- Smoked paprika, sweet, and hot paprika all work great here.
Read Also: Rolex Oyster Perpetual 41 Turquoise
Can I Freeze This
Yes, you can, although the thawed salmon may not have as good a texture once its thawed! Still, if youd like to freeze leftover salmon, just wrap it tightly in two layers of plastic wrap and one layer of foil, and place in the freezer.
Frozen salmon will keep for up to three months, and should be thawed in the fridge before reheating.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Salmon Patties
Here are what it takes to make delicious salmon patties:
- Salmon: Different types of salmon vary in their fat content. For salmon patties, you should choose a type with a high amount of fats for the ultimate moist and buttery taste.Though we recommend fresh salmon, you can use canned salmon if its more convenient for you. Remember to pick high-quality brands with a high fat level .
- Egg: Egg works as the binder in our patties mixture. If your salmon feels too dry, feel free to add in more of this eggy liquid to thicken it up.
- Panko bread crumbs: Panko bread crumbs are the extender for our salmon mixture. If you dont want to use panko bread crumbs, other possible alternatives are cornflakes and crackers.
- Seasonings: We add paprika, pepper, cajun seasoning, garlic powder, parsley, and cilantro to our salmon patties for a deliciously warm and savory flavor.
- Mayonnaise and ketchup: These two simple ingredients make up the luscious sauce for our salmon patties. Its slightly sweet and sour taste with a smooth creamy texture beautifully complements the overall flavor of our salmon patties.
Don’t Miss: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Turquoise 41mm
How To Make Healthy Salmon In The Air Fryer
Its truly super easy to make salmon in the air fryer without a bunch of fuss. All you need to do is lightly coat the salmon with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. You barely need any oil or grease at all and thats what makes cooking salmon in the air fryer so wonderful. The salmon comes out perfect every time. The hot air circulates evenly around the food, giving the food a wonderful crispy texture thats like roasted without all the oil.
Air fried foods is much healthier too because you dont need as much oil! Thats the wonderful reason to cook with air fryers. It gives such a great texture similar to deep frying, but with all the greasy oil. Theres less mess too. If youre frying foods, you have grease to dispose of and mess to clean up. But in the air fryer, you dont have all those issues and best of all, theres less odor!
Tips For Making Salmon In The Air Fryer
Read Also: Where Do Locals Eat Seafood In Charleston Sc
Why Cook Salmon With An Air Fryer
- Healthy food
If you want to cook healthy and delicious salmon, then you need to cook it on an air fryer. Unlike deep frying where you have to deep the salmon on cooling oil, an air fryer allows you to cook delicious salmon without deep frying it. As a result, when you cook your salmon on the air fryer, you will significantly cut down your fat intake. It also reduces the risk of acrylamide, a toxic compound that is formed when food is cooked on high heat. Acrylamide has been linked to causing various types of cancers including breast, ovarian and pancreatic cancer.
- It cooks fast
An Air fryer cooks a delicious crunchy salmon, but it also cooks it fast. It will take about 15 minutes to cook salmon on an air fryer, which is much faster than using an oven, which takes about 20 minutes.
More Recipes To Make In The Ninja Foodi
Ninja Foodi Steak is super easy to make. It’s like a delicious steakhouse meal at home.
If you were wondering if you could cook Bacon in the Ninja Foodi, you’ll be happy to know that you can! And it’s delicious.
Do you have a Ninja Foodi Grill? Try making Grilled Salmon instead of Ninja Foodi Salmon tonight.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag on instagram, if you on the gram! Let’s get social, you can follow me on , , , or join one of our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniorsand Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Don’t Miss: What Does Fish Oil Help With
How Long Does It Take To Cook Salmon On Air Fryer
Cooking salmon on air fryer takes about 12-15 minutes. This is faster compared to using an oven which takes around 18-20 minutes to cook. The cooking time varies depending on how crunchy you want your salmon to be and whether you preheat the air fryer before you start cooking. The crunch you will get when you cook salmon on an air fryer is by far much better than using an oven. This simple cooking machine will give your salmon a nice mouthwatering crispy texture.
Does Air Fried Salmon Keep
Air fryer salmon is a great option for meal prep, you can easily add it to salads and grains for easy and quick lunches and dinners. It will keep well in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the pieces of cooked salmon for up to 3 months, just thaw in the fridge overnight and then warm until heated through.
Don’t Miss: Cooking Salmon On The Griddle
Whats The Cooking Time
How long do you cook salmon in the air fryer? The cooking time will vary based on how thick your fish, and the size of the fillet. A 6-ounce salmon fillet that is roughly 1 1/2 inches thick will cook in about 7 minutes at 400ºF.
If your fish filet is only 1-inch thick, youll want to check on it after 5 minutes, just to make sure it doesnt overcook. Unlike cooking Instant Pot Salmon, the nice thing about the air fryer is that its very easy to open the basket and check on the progress of your salmon as it cooks.
If your salmon isnt done yet, you can always just close the basket and add another minute or two. I always err on the lower side of the timing, so I can check on it, without overcooking.
Crispy Seasoned Salmon Fillets In Under Ten Minutes
If youre looking for a way to add more seafood to your menu, consider this your sign because there is nothing easier than cooking up salmon fillets in the air fryer. Its such a quick way to get really crispy salmon with beautiful, golden-browned edges and plenty of savory seasoning.
When it comes to the seasoning you use, anything goes! For this recipe, well be going with a sweet and tangy blend of honey, dijon and a mouthwatering spice blend of smoked paprika and garlic. Its a full-flavored mixture that really complements the taste of fresh salmon, and works well with any side dishes you could want!
Also Check: Fancy Feast Medleys Wild Salmon Primavera
How Does Salmon Come Out In The Air Fryer
You may be wondering what the benefit is of air frying salmon, instead of just baking it. Well, of course, baking salmon is a great way to prepare this flavorful fish. But I find that air-frying, in addition to being super quick, also creates a crisp, almost seared texture to the outside of each fillet. Its irresistible!
The reason for this is that air fryers work like convection ovens, circulating hot air around the food as it cooks, while a normal oven does not circulate the air. If you rub the fish with a small amount of oil, the hot circulating air causes that tiny amount of oil to sizzle, creating a fried effect. Yum!
How To Make Salmon In Ninja Foodi
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for Ninja Foodi Salmon, please see the recipe below.
Don’t Miss: Science Diet Tender Tuna Dinner
The Best Way To Tell When Salmon Is Done
I have found the most fool proof way to tell if a piece of salmon is done is by checking the internal temperature. I like to cook my salmon to between 130-135 degrees and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving. The salmon will continue to cook as it rests. This is a great way to make sure the salmon doesnt overcook.
How To Prep Salmon For The Air Fryer
Thickness matters: According to Laurence, the thickness of your fillets changes your cook time. “My rule of thumb is for every inch that the salmon is thick, you cook it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.”
Laurence has a foolproof tip for choosing fresh salmon at your grocery store. “Ideally when you’re buying salmon in the store you want to make sure you see a salmon fillet that is shiny but not slimy,” she says. “You don’t want it to look dried out because that means that there’s not as much moisture in the flesh.” She says to use fresh salmon a day or two after purchasing for ultimate freshness.
Squares, not strips: If you buy about a pound to a pound and a half of salmon, Laurence recommends cutting it yourself at home. “It’s easier to cut it down the center and cut it into squares than it is to cut it into long strips,” she says. “Especially if you have a basket-style air fryer and you’re reaching down into a basket to lift things up, it’s easier to manage.” Plus, cooking in wider, square portions will yield more evenly cooked results than smaller, thin slices.
Keep the skin on: While it’s not mandatory, Laurence says keeping the skin on while in the air fryer helps hold the fish together. Simply peel it off after cooking if you prefer a skinless filet.
Choose your flavor profile: When it comes to salmon, Laurence says to “buy the best quality fish you can, and then do as little to it as possible.” Here are Laurence’s go-to seasonings and marinades:
Read Also: Blue Buffalo Salmon Cat Food
Tips For Making Fried Chicken In An Air Fryer
- Adjust temperature setting according to your air fryer. There are many brands and models of air fryers so they all differ in their settings. You may even find that following my exact temperature and time may not be right for your specific air fryer. So use this as a suggestion and tweak to your own.
- Dont overcrowd the basket. Its tempting to throw in a lot of pieces of chicken in there at once. But if you overcrowd the basket and the chicken overlap, you may end up creating a steaming effect instead of crisping effect. If you run out of space, you can also place the chicken on the walls of the air fryer, which works pretty well.
- Flip the chicken halfway through. The air will circulate all around the chicken, but youll get more even crispiness if you flip the chicken halfway.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
*Complete recipe instructions including specific measurements, cook temperatures and times are located in a printable recipe card at the bottom of this article. However, be sure to keep reading for helpful tips and tricks when making this recipe.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
More Information About Salmon
As always, I recommend using wild-caught fresh salmon whenever possible. Just looking at the color difference of wild-caught vs. fresh-caught salmon and you will know that there is a huge difference.
Wild-caught salmon has a deeper pink hue to the flesh. In contrary, farm-raised salmon is much lighter pink in color.
But that is not why it is important to use salmon that has been raised in the wild. I wont get into all the details, but there is a huge difference in health benefits when eating wild-caught fish.
However, if you are a careful shopper, and have many options to purchase fish in your area, there are a few farm-raised salmon farms that are certified as humane and sustainable. Just be sure to do your research before purchasing the farm raised salmon from your local grocery store.
Although, no matter what salmon that you choose to buy, the cooking time will only vary depending on the thickness of the salmon filets. The air fryer cooking times that I have listed below are for medium thickness salmon fillets that are approximately 3/4 1 inch in thickness.
Recommended Reading: Tuna Salad No Mayo Recipe
Tips For The Best Results
- Use salmon with a high fat content. The patties will be much more moist and tender.
- Coat your salmon patties with a layer of olive oil. Do this before air frying to lock in the moisture. Since air fryer foods tend to be a little dryer, this step is essential.
- Dont overcook them. When done, transfer them immediately to a serving plate. If you leave the patties inside the air fryer after it has finished cooking, the remaining heat will dry them out.
Why We Love Salmon Health Benefits
Did you know that salmon is considered to be a superfood? For good reason, too! Not only is it a great source of high-quality protein, but its also rich in unsaturated fats, vitamins, antioxidants, and more!
As a result, it offers many health benefits including:
- Improved Heart Health
- Improved Brain Health
- Healthy Skin
Nutrition Tip: Of course, salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, but not all salmon is created equal! To get the most anti-inflammatory bang for your buck, opt for Sockeye salmon over Atlantic salmon. Get a closer look at the differences here.
Don’t Miss: Town Of Oyster Bay Golden Age Housing