What To Do With Leftover Salmon
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can crumble up the leftover salmon and add it to a salad or even mix it with some mashed potato and create some delicious salmon pancakes.
This grilled salmon recipe is such a light and healthy meal the perfect summer grilling recipe! Be sure and take a moment below to comment and let me know how it worked for you I would love a five-star rating!
Dont Miss: How To Make Good Grilled Chicken
Tips For Easy Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- Use Thick Asparagus Stalks. While the flavor of thick and thin asparagus is the same, thicker asparagus spears are more tender than thinner spears. Thicker spears also dont fall through the grates as easily, and they can stand up to high-temperature grilling more easily than thinner stalks.
- When In Doubt, Use Foil or a Grill Basket. If you only have thin stalks , I suggest cooking them in a grill basket like this or on grill-safe foil. This will prevent your lovely spears from falling to a sad, fiery doom.
- Dry Your Spears. Asparagus needs to be trimmed and washed before cooking . Be sure to pat it dry to ensure it crisps and caramelizes. If it is too wet, it may steam.
- Oil Up. Dont be skimpy on the olive oil, as it is important to keep the tips from burning. Even with the oil, this simple grilled asparagus recipe is still healthy. Its packed with fiber, folate, and vitamins. Plus olive oil has health benefits of its own, such as antioxidants and beneficial fats.
- Season. Season. Season. Even simple kosher salt and pepper will do wonders. See below for more seasoning suggestions and topping ideas.
How Long To Grill Salmon In Foil:
Salmon is considered fully cooked by the FDA when it reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Generally, salmon on the grill in foil takes about 10 to 15 minutes to cook. The best way of ensuring your salmon is fully cooked is using a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer in the center of the thickest part of the salmon to get an accurate read.
Do note that the salmon will continue cooking after it is removed from the grill. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes before serving for best results!
Don’t Miss: Cook Lobster Tail In Air Fryer
Can You Cook Salmon On A Charcoal Grill
When it comes to grilling salmon, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, youll want to make sure the grill is hot enough. Salmon should be cooked on a medium-high heat, so if your grill is too low, the fish will stick and if its too high, the fish will dry out. Second, youll want to brush the salmon with oil. This will help to prevent the fish from sticking to the grill and also help to keep it moist. Third, youll want to be careful not to overcook the salmon. It should only be on the grill for about 8 minutes total, so keep an eye on it. And finally, dont forget to season the salmon before you grill it! A little salt, pepper, and lemon juice will really make the flavors pop.
Grilling salmon is both tender and juicy. Most fish cannot be grilled directly because it is too lean and delicate. Salmon is well-suited for high-heat cooking. before grilling is not required. By doing so, you can increase the flavor and moisture of your fish. Grill the meat for 15 minutes to get it ready. Make two cooking zones: a hot zone for searing and a lower-heat zone for lower-heat cooking. If youre using a gas grill, switch the burner settings to high on one side and low on the other. Keeping the lid vents open for air circulation is essential for the proper operation of a charcoal grill.
How To Make Grilled Salmon In Foil
Recommended Reading: Seafood Recipes For The Grill
Baked Salmon In Foil So Many Ways To Love Thee
Ive cooked baked salmon in foil dozens of different ways. While all you really need for a satisfying piece of baked salmon is salt, pepper, and olive oil, the foil method is easy to adapt to different herbs and ingredients. You have plenty of options to keep it exciting and new.
- Baked Salmon in Foil with Lemon and Dill. Follow the recipe below, swapping sprigs of dill for the rosemary. You can also use parsley or green onion or both or whatever other herbs in your refrigerator are threatening to turn brown.
- Baked Salmon in Foil with Lemon and Butter. No fresh herbs? No problem. Leave them out, and brush the salmon with melted butter instead . I dont recommend dried herbs, as they take away from the freshness of the fish.
- Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil. Is there anything on my dinner plate that these two ingredients dont make better? I didnt think so.
- Baked Salmon in Pesto. Omit the rosemary. Smother the top of the salmon with pesto and arrange the lemon on top prior to closing the foil packet around it.
- Baked Salmon with Lemon and Rosemary. The version I am sharing with you today!
Why Bake Salmon In Foil
Rarely am I so rewarded for so little effort as when I make easy baked salmon recipes like this baked salmon in foil. Its dead simple, but so delicious and so good for you too.
- The foil locks in moisture and ensures that your beautiful piece of salmon turns out flakey, moist, and tender every single time. You dont need to have ever cooked a piece of fish in your life to make this recipe with success.
- Foil acts as a flavor incubator. Whatever yummy ingredients you place with the fish in the foil infuse their way into every savory bite.
Dont want to bake with foil? I have heard that some find it to be a health concern. You can still use this recipe by making baked salmon in parchment paper instead!
- Follow all of the same recipe steps, but instead of misting the foil with nonstick spray, line the foil sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Lay the salmon on the parchment so that it does not touch the foil. Shape the foil packet around the parchment and bake as directed.
Read Also: Is Tuna Fish Good For Diabetics
More Easy Salmon Recipes To Try
Looking to add more salmon recipes to your menu? Here are a couple more equally delicious and easy options!
- Parsley & Garlic-Rubbed Sheet Pan Salmon With Asparagus And Potatoes This parsley and garlic-rubbed oven baked salmon recipe is sure to become your new favorite Makes a main dish + 2 sides with just one pan to clean up!
- Sweet & Smoky Brown Sugar Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon This cedar plank salmon is one of the easiest salmon recipes Ive made! It gets its sweet and smoky flavor from a delicious grilled salmon rub made with brown sugar, smoked paprika, salt, and freshly ground black pepper
Id love to see how your grilled salmon in foil turns out Tag me @Unsophisticook on or use the hashtag #Unsophisticook so I can check it out. Enjoy!
Marinate The Salmon In The Foil
- The marinade is crucial to create grilled salmon EXPLODING with flavor. First, whisk together the marinade ingredients in a bowl: olive oil, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, mustards and seasonings, then pour it all over the salmon.
- Let the salmon marinate at room temperature for 20-40 minutes. Prep the grill the last 15 minutes of marinating.
Don’t Miss: District Fish And Pasta House
How Do You Grill Frozen Fish In Foil
How to Cook Frozen Fish on a Grill Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the frozen fish from its packaging. Lightly grease a sheet of foil with nonstick spray or cooking oil. Lay the fish on the center of the foil, skin-side down if the skin remains. Put the packet on the grill, seam-side up. Remove the fish from the grill and open the packet.
Recommended Reading: What Temp To Cook Pork Chops On The Grill
What Type Of Salmon Is Best For Grilling
The first step in making great salmon is buying high quality, wild caught salmon. Living in the Midwest, that means buying wild salmon that is flash frozen immediately after being caught, and is never thawed prior to cooking. I get my wild salmon from Sitka Salmon Shares, but Whole Foods also has a great Wild Sockeye Salmon that is flash frozen and comes in a package of 2 filets.
I prefer Coho or King salmon varieties, because they have incredible flavor and tend to be a thicker cut.
Don’t Miss: Bumble Bee Tuna Recall 2021
What Else Can I Make With Grilled Salmon
This grilled salmon recipe is fabulous in its simplicity or it is magical in its versatility. The Cajun honey mustard marinade lends itself to so many different types of cuisines and dishes. Here are just a few to make with leftovers or with the salmon hot off the grill:
- Grilled Salmon Salad: I LOVE adding salmon leftovers to this salad. Add salmon to a bed of baby arugula, spring mix or spinach along with cucumbers, craisins, feta, sliced almonds and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar or I love mine with peach vinegar .
- Breakfast foods: add flaked salmon to quiche, frittata, eggs benedict, or scrambled eggs or serve on the side of any type of eggs so good!
- Grilled Salmon Tacos: top tortillas with black or pinto beans, salmon and desired toppings. Pick from avocado corn salsa,corn salsa,avocado crema or guacamole, cotija cheese, pickled red onions and/or hot sauce.
- Grilled Salmon Burritos: layer a burrito size tortilla with plain rice, cilantro lime rice or Mexican Rice, black or pinto beans, salmon, avocado corn salsa and sour cream.
- Grilled Salmon Burrito Bowls: layer cilantro lime rice or cauliflower rice with cheese, black beans or pinto beans, salmon, chopped lettuce, and your favorite toppings including tomatoes, corn, crushed tortilla chips and either sour cream/Greek yogurt or I highly recommend either Avocado Crema, Tomatillo Avocado Ranch or Cilantro Lime Dressing.
How To Cook Salmon On A Grill
there are a number of ways to cook salmon, but I love this method. It can be done on the stove top, in the oven, or in a grill. This method takes a few ingredients and some time, but the end result is delicious! Heres how to do it. Ingredients 1-2 salmon fillets, about 2 pounds3-4 stalks asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces1 bunch baby arugula, roughly chopped1/4 cup olive oilsea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Directions On a large piece of foil, place your salmon and asparagus. Drizzle on the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bring the edges of the foil up and fold, making a semi-envelope, then crimp the edges to seal. Put on your grill and let it cook for about 5 minutes.Remove from the heat, open up the foil and check on the salmon. You want the fish to flake apart and you want the foil to have a nice golden color. Serve on top of your favorite greens.
You May Like: Izzy’s Fish And Oyster
How To Freeze Grilled Salmon
You can freeze leftover salmon for up to 3 months. To freeze, place individual salmon fillets in a freezer size bag along with any extra sauce, squeeze out excess air to preserve freezer burn, label and freeze. I love the option of pulling out individual salmon fillets and have added this particular salmon recipe to scrambled eggs and salad for the win!
How To Cook Salmon On A Grill In Foil
In this video we show how to cook fish on a grill on the stovetop. You will need to get a pan that is big enough to fit the fish. You can use a cast iron skillet. If you do not have one then you can use an omelet pan. You will also need foil. You will need to have a good grill with the lid on. You will need to have a bbq charcoal grill with an ignition of at least 450° F or gas grill with a sear plate. You will need to preheat the grill and then grill the fish on high heat until it gets a nice color.
Read Also: Salmon Air Fryer Cook Time
Grill The Salmon In Foil
Now its time to grill your salmon! Preheat grill to 400ºF. Once fully heated, place salmon directly over the flame on your grill and let cook for 8-10 minutes.
We recommend checking your salmon after 8 minutes. The goal is to have your salmon be lighter in color, firmer, and flakey! Not done? Seal her back up and keep cooking.
How To Make Blackened Salmon
This easy recipe only requires about 5 minutes of prep and less than 10 minutes to pan blacken the salmon in a hot cast iron skillet! Dinner will be on the table before you know it
Recommended Reading: How Many Calories Tuna Sandwich
How To Bbq Salmon In Foil
To BBQ salmon in foil, start by heating your grill to medium-high heat. Cut a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and place the salmon filet in the center. Season the salmon with your favorite spices, then add a few slices of lemon and/or lime. Wrap the foil around the salmon, making sure its sealed tightly. Grill for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through. Enjoy!
If you want to save space on your grill for high-heat foods, consider grilling salmon in foil packets. Salmon with a fattier skin, such as king or a salmon from Atlantic, is a much better match for me. This recipe can be modified to meet your specific needs by incorporating your favorite spices and herbs, as well as fresh garlic. The FDA considers fully cooked salmon to be cooked if it reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Grilling salmon in foil on the grill takes 10 to 15 minutes on average. When using a meat thermometer to ensure that your salmon is cooked to the proper temperature, you should be able to see it at the appropriate temperature. Italian seasoning and sea salt are used in this recipe.
When Im hungry, I like to serve this salmon in foil with a big salad, roasted vegetables, or stir-fry vegetables. You can eat the fish on its own, without having to rub it with your favorite seasonings. My cookbook Paleo Power Bowls is now available for purchase. You can see it right away by clicking on the link.
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Foil packets should be opened very carefully, keeping the opening pointed away from you. Very hot steam collects inside the packets during cooking and could result in burns.
- tip 2 Use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand. Basil, parsley or thyme would all be delicious with the salmon.
- tip 3 Soaking the rice in broth before grilling the packets ensures the rice will be done at the same time as the salmon.
Don’t Miss: Shrimp Skewers On Grill Recipes
Frozen Or Fresh Salmon For Baked Salmon Foil Packets
You can use frozen or fresh salmon for baked salmon foil packets! I prefer fresh, simply because I can skip defrosting it, and usually find great deals at warehouse clubs.
TIP: If you decide to use frozen salmon, you will need to thaw it before baking or grilling easy salmon foil packets.
To thaw frozen salmon fillets, you have two options:
You can use fresh or frozen salmon with most salmon foil packet recipes, so just grab what you have on hand.
How To Season Salmon:
There are many options for seasoning salmon to perfection! In this recipe, we use Italian seasoning and sea salt. A combination of garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika is also magnificent! Simply sprinkle your favorite seasonings liberally over the fish and youre good to go. Lemon pepper? Excellent option as well.
Recommended Reading: Ways To Cook Salmon In Air Fryer
How Long Does It Take To Grill Salmon
It takes about 20 minutes. I used an instant read meat thermometer to make sure that the salmon was cooked to a safe internal temperature.
It should have an internal temperature of 145 degrees. You will need to insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon to ensure accuracy.
Salmon easily flakes when it is fully cooked and turns a pinkish color.